About 5 months ago we gave you a run down on a bunch of things we wanted to get done on the first floor. Since we're feeling like we haven't made progress in a bit, I thought it was time for an update to see how many things we've crossed off.
To remind you, this was our floor plan back then.
And this is the current plan for the first floor floorplan. We've made a big step in taking the wall down between the kitchen and dining room. The big difference you'll notice is that we are going to make our old office into the master (it has a better layout for a bedroom) and make the old master into a laundry room/walk-in closet. The bathroom is also going to get a whole new remodel. (for some reason the front stairs disappeared but they are still there... I promise)
So here is our list as it currently stands:
Get shoe storage Photo Wall Paint
- Make flow to kitchen and dining room better X (we decided to leave it as is)
Mail organization Replace Chandelier Paint photo wall frames
Demo old shower and make it into an entrance to the pantry Move/replace old plumbing Update electrical Level and fix floor Put in new floor Get counter/storage unit Install shelving Paint Create cleaning tool storage nook personalize Ikea unit Trim Replace light?
- Window Treatment X (We want to get as much light in as we can)
- Also added DIY rope drawer pulls and cleaning supply storage center
Close off door to pantry Update electrical Restore original molding Paint
- Mount Chalkboard
- Get umbrella stand and coat hooks
Replace refrigerator Replace dishwasher
- Replace stove (and learned out to get scratches out of stainless steel!)
Replace faucet Install disposal Remove island
- Build unit around fridge to make it look built in
- Replace floor
Take down wall between kitchen and dining room
- Close up door between kitchen and office
- Replace backsplash
- Replace countertops
- Replace cabinet doors
- Get door and drawer hardware
- Replace lighting
- (Replace water heater)
Living Room/Dinning Room
Replace Dinning Room Chandelier Paint dining room set Replace chair fabric Paint glassware storage unit Get a buffet Replace Electrical Add a mantel to the fire place Mount the TV to the wall Replace curtains Make ottoman
- Replace rug (Although it may move)
Slowly replace living room set
- Figure out what to do with the walls (paint?)
- Hide TV wires
- Paint trim?
- Fix shutters
- Get better lighting
- Get a gas stove insert for fireplace
Create a doorway into office area
Build a reading/game nook Build a valance for long window
Create office area
- Try to raise ceiling fans
- Possibly make into master closet and bath? X Instead...
- Bump out wall to create two closets (and recessed appliance area for the kitchen)
- replace floor
- Make into Master Bedroom
- Get a king size bed
- Drop ceiling?
- Get rid of french doors?
- Replace floor
- Redesign layout
When you look at what we've finished in the past five months it's reassuring that we haven't been sitting on our butts the whole time. It's also awesome that the first 3 spaces have everything crossed off the list and we have a much better vision for what the rest of the first floor will look like. Now we just have to tackle the rest of the list!