And if we fast forward a few weeks, it now looks like this:
To give the butcher block top a little distinction, I painted the base white.
I also added contact paper to the shelves. I had noticed on the display unit that the shelves were pretty beat up and I'm pretty sure they aren't using the shelves nearly as much as we do so I wanted to put something down to protect them.
This was also a good opportunity to add a fun pattern to the room. It took me a really long time to find a pattern I liked but finally found one at Ace.
We haven't replaced the handles, but we are on the look out for some unique ones.
Here's a side by side before and after to give you the full effect.
Linking To: Hi Sugar Plum, The Great Indoors, House of Hepworths, My Repurposed Life, Our Delightful Home, Five Days Five Ways, Serenity Now, Lovely Etc., The Rooster and the Hen, Six Sisters Stuff, Tatertots and Jello, Wayward Girls Crafts, Twigg Studio, Serendipity and Spice, Ask Anna, Home Stories A to Z, Uncommon Designs, House wives of Riverton, Crafty Texas Girls, Southern Institute