The last time you saw the laundry unit, the main structure was in place but it was still in a very rough stage.
The first thing we did to start the finishing process on the unit was to bust out the stain and give the countertop, shelves and rod a darker look to match up with the rest of the room.
Then we added trim to the front of the shelves and to the edges of the boxes so there wouldn't be rough edges exposed. We still need to add some trim at the top and paint out the bottom of the shelves that you can see. I picked up some baskets from TJ Maxx and now they store Will's clothes that don't fit yet and various other things like bibs and socks.
We also added some angled supports for laundry baskets in the bottom boxes. We decided to go with angled supports (instead of straight like this pinterest inspiration) so that we can easily toss dirty laundry into the appropriate baskets. We need to add the supports to the other side and paint those as well and once we do that we'll be done!
In case your like me right now and can't remember two seconds ago let alone months, here is a comparison of what this part of the room looked like in the fall vs now.
Linking To: Hi Sugar Plum, The Great Indoors, House of Hepworths, My Repurposed Life, Our Delightful Home, Five Days Five Ways, Serenity Now, Lovely Etc., The Rooster and the Hen, Six Sisters Stuff, Tatertots and Jello, Wayward Girls Crafts, Twigg Studio, Serendipity and Spice, Ask Anna, Home Stories A to Z, Uncommon Designs, House wives of Riverton, Crafty Texas Girls, Southern Institute, Watch out Martha!,http://www.myrepurposedlife.net/, Young House Love, Bower Power, http://www.sparklemeetspop.com/, http://redbird-blue.blogspot.com/